New MirageDrive 180! Here is what he had to say-
- Problem: Drifting ever so slowly onto your target pontoon. Solution: Couple of quick pumps in reverse and the kayak is back where I wanted it to be.
- Problem: Approaching an area fast because I have Usain Bolts legs 😉 or I’m trying to beat someone to my spot. Solution: Flick it into reverse and use the peddles to brake the forward motion.
- Problem: Marina fishing, putting myself between 3 boats under and between the mooring ropes, to be honest we could always do that, but now I peddled in forward, fished around the back of the boats, got into those gnarly areas then simply reversed out.
- If you get stuck, do a 3 point turn as opposed to a wide 180/270/360 turn. It is now a small manoeuvre to get back to open water.
- When I got a snag and the yak was moving away with the current. I reversed back onto where the lure was and dealt with the snag next to the boat. No need for the planned 360 turn or the added stress on how I was going to get the lure back.
- Launches backward and forward are easier.